- O’Malley, Lisa and Mariah Bohanon. 2021. “The Least Diverse Field in Science” Insight into Diversity, August 17.
- Voosen, Paul. 2021. “A Change in the Air: Atmospheric science is overwhelmingly white. Black scientists have ignited a change.” Science, June 24, 372, 6549, 1382
- 2021. “Racism in Academia Isolates Scientists, Causes Suboptimal Outcomes.” Nexus Media News, May 28.
- Kishan, Saijel and Eric Roston. 2021. “What Climate Science Loses Without Enough Black Researchers.” Bloomberg News, May 27.
- Smart, Ashley. 2021. “Vernon Morris. This chemist is unlocking the secrets of atmospheric dust and expanding field research opportunities.” C&EN Global Enterprise, February 22: 99 (6), pp 40–41.
- 2020. “Announcing AGU 2020 Presidential Citation recipients.” From the Prow, American Geophysical Union, December 7.
- Cartier, Kimberly M. S. 2020. “Geoscience Commits to Racial Equality. Now We’ve Got Work to Do.” Eos, June 19.
Last Negroes at Harvard Podcast (Oct 7, 2021) https://share.transistor.fm/s/28e63fdf
There has been an increase in Black atmospheric PH.Ds, Vernon Morris, Professor of Chemistry and Director of the School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences at Arizona State University has trained most of them.